Taking an odd twist, the new PSP version of Battlefront will not be about the clone wars, instead you are going through the story of Han Solo’s “unknown” army (which makes it seem like he is like Jabba the Hutt or something like that). The army is made up of rouges, and a bunch of bounty hunters. Renegade Squadron will allow you to customize almost everything (in other words, no more predefined classes, you will be able to make your own soldiers [just about everything is customizable about your character]).
The game is supposed to support Wi-Fi (16 players through Infrastructure and 8 Ad Hoc), meaning that you will be able to play the game online against other players. The game’s story goes through Yavin 4 to the Battle of Endor.
Here are other facts about the game:
- Several new planets; Ord Mantell, Boz Pity, Korriban, Sullust and Saleucami
- Three new space battles at Kessel, Hoth, and the ruins of Alderaan.
- You can be a hero in space battles (and fly their craft)
- New heros (and 14 old ones): Admiral Ackbar, Obi-Wan Kenobi (old version), IG-88, Asajj Ventress and Kit Fisto (and yes, we do know that Asajj Ventress and Kit Fisto were both in Battlefront 2 as an expansion pack)
- You can now fly into the enemy’s ship in space battles
- Infrastructure mode features leaderboards and profile pages (kinda like your global stats page) for the game
The game releases for the PSP in September 2007.